What personal information to we collect?
You don’t have to give us any personal information to use out website. However, we may collect the following personal data with your permission:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
No special category data will be collected or stored such as racial or ethnic origin, political, philosophical, or religious beliefs, trade union membership or genetic, biometric and health data.
What we do with the information we gather?
The Padelers staff members require this information to process your orders and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Order processing
- Correspondence to further identify your requirements.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, if you have consented to receiving marketing information, and product and service updates, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Recipients of the data
Only staff members employed by Padelers located in Guernsey will have access to collect and process your personal data for the purposes that have been specified in this Data Privacy statement. It is not expected that any third parties will need access to your personal data, nor is it expected for your data to be transferred outside of EEA jurisdiction, however if there is legitimate need for this to happen then Padelers will contact you to gain your consent.
We will store your personal data on record and process it in accordance with this privacy statement until you either withdraw consent or because there is no legitimate reason for Padelers to continue keeping your details on record.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate your consent to the collection, storage and processing of that particular data. You will be able to specify whether or not you want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com. We will respond to this request within 30 days.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If you have consented, we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may request access to the personal information which we hold about you; you have a right to correct your personal data, to withdraw consent, to erase your personal data from our records (unless there is a contractual or legal reason for Padelers not to do so); you have a right to port your data to another service provider and you have a right to make a complaint to the Supervisory Authority if you have reason to believe Padelers have not met the requirements of fair and legal data protection processing under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and under The Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2017. No charge will be required for access requests.